- High availability, partitionable with redundancy MTBF in excess of 100,000 hours
- Flexible configurations from very small to very large applications
- Controls interlockings with up to 35 switch machines
- Modular design — from single module to pre-wired case to bungalow packages with switch machines and signals
- High degree of sub-system integration: Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), and Train-to-Wayside Communication (TWC)
- Forward and backward compatibility
- Supports migration to larger systems including CBTC and PTC
With more than 1000 installations in 14 countries, VPI II is the industry leader in safety and reliability. Based on VPI technology which has been in service since 1986, there have been no unsafe failures; an unblemished record of VPI Controlled Vital System Operation in excess of 72,000,000 hours.